This is the first time I’m writing a post like this; basically I hate criticizing and telling people their mistakes, but one of my friend asked me to visit his blog and advise him about the things which I want to amend on his blog or which are the things needs improvement. Frankly speaking a good blog design speaks a lot about the blog and the blogger; this is the first impression which some time helps glue your visitor to invert little more articles on your blog.
I take this opportunity to pull this question further and try to explain which are the things irritate me while reading a blog and I hate to see them on any blog.
1. When it’s not easy to NAVIGATE on your blog because you don’t have a navigation bar. I need to hit the back button in order to go back to your homepage.
2. When there is one blog post on display and you don’t even have a RECENT POSTS widget installed.
3. When your ABOUT ME page says “this is sample page, you can edit or delete this page”. ( Don’t hide from me, I won’t bite)
4. When I make a COMMENT on your blog and a message appears “your comment awaits moderation by administrator”. Why awaits for moderation, haven’t you heard about Akismat Plugin, CAPTCHA or for god sake search for any other better option if you wish but don’t chuck me away from communicating with your blog.
5. When I literally struggle to find where is the post content as you filled it with flashy ADS around, there are only four lines of content fitted with 300×250 AdSense Ad below and above.
6. When I just arrived at your blog a few second back and a pop up window appears requesting me to sign up for your BLOG FEED SUBSCRIPTION BOX by e-mail, hey I don’t even haven’t read a single post on your blog yet, and you are begging , Please forgive me I close that window and wish to disappear with that.
7. When a hell lot of things going on your blog, you don’t want me to concentrate on your main content, aren’t you? Its stuffed fully like a Hamburger
8. When you display your posts based on CATEGORY and I can’t figure out which is the latest one.
9. Are you seriously writing a blog post or you are an essay writer and by accident become a blogger (or trying your hands at blogging?). Means your BLOG POSTS ARE TOO LONG.
10. Your HEADER Tag line (still) says “Just another WordPress blog”.
11. When I can’t see a TOP COMMENTATOR WIDGET installed on your blog (it’s unfair but I’m helpless, I visit only those blogs which have top commentators widget in place. Sorry)
12. When I like post but can’t see any SOCIAL MEDIA Support Button to spread love.
13. When I can’t see a Blog ARCHIVE PAGE to see since when you are in blogsphere.
These are some basic things that a reader/blogger looks in a blog, so if you have any above bugs in your blog then I request you to please make it good.
Image Courtesy : fo.ol